Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I don't think people understand how it feel stripped of your identity. It's more than your name. It's what you're defined as, it's the role you fit into. I became defined by my involvement. I became defined by extracurricular activities, and a sense of business.They were a part of me. They were me.

I used to be the prodigy. I used to be an example of what happens when you do things right. I was an example of someone who used all that Higher Ed had to offer, to the fullest. 

Also, it took years of hard work. And my illness was able to take that from me within a couple of weeks. 

Now I can't do any of these things. I can't even answer an email. I am not even sure who or what I am now. Also, I had to medically withdraw from this semester. I'm just trying to re-define my role on this campus, and life in general. 

This isn't a pity me post. This also isn't a post about how strong I am. It's just me checking in. Thank you to everyone reaching out to me and supporting me, I love you all! 

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik