Dear Dr. X
You probably don’ t remember me, but I remember you very well. Two years ago I attended Georgia Southern University. I was a SOAR leader and you helped with our sessions. I always admired you as a well-spoken and thoughtful person, who was passionate about helping students transition to college. You seemed like someone I could trust. Especially, as a black woman. Anyways, the following semester I came to you in the middle of a school-induced panic attack. I was going through a lot of stress that semester. I had just come out to my mom, I had just begun experiencing anxiety, and I was unsure of where I was headed. Because of this, I wasn’t able to focus or study well for school, and I missed my test after not being able to sleep. You helped me, and then directed me to the on-campus health clinic. The next day, my professor said that I could not make up my test until I had documentation I was at your office. I called the counseling center multiple times, and the nice receptionist told me to come in.
When I came in, I guess you had just gotten in from your lunch break. You were completely rude with me. You talked to me like I was a child, and scolded me for unknowingly interrupting your lunch break. I felt worthless. The way you treated me was even worse than you refusing to write a letter for me. Which I think you did out of spite. After that incident I continued having my anxiety attack, self-harmed, was committed to the hospital in savannah. I medically withdrew from school, and took a semester off. I believe my mother called you trying to gain information on where I was, and she said during that phone call you were completely unprofessional and rude as well.
This letter isn’t a sad story about how you ruined me, or ruined my life. This letter is a thank you note. I now attend Kennesaw State University and I graduate in the spring. I currently work on campus with adults with learning disabilities. I am an activist, and a writer, and a student leader. I am applying for MSW programs in the Fall, and I know I will attend a very highly ranked school. I have successful relationships with my friends, family, and peers. I want to be a counselor so I can help other students like me. After attending counseling at Kennesaw with an MSW student, I learned that there are good and caring counselors out there. People who consistently treat others with respect. I couldn’t have done all of this without your help. Your complete rudeness towards me gave me the fuel I needed to help others. The way you treated me, showed me exactly the ways that I do NOT want to practice with my clients. By dehumanizing me, you gave me the strength to accept every person that may possibly need my help, and that is why I continue to work hard.
I don’t know you. I don’t know much about your practice, other than the fact that a quick google search has shown me you’ve won some awards. I don’t know if you’re a good person, or I don’t know if you’re a good psychologist. All I know is the one interaction we’ve had, and I know how hurtful it was. So, if this behavior is not reflective of who you are as a person, or as a Black woman, I ask that you may remember this letter in the future. I ask that you may remember your behavior has impact on people, once they leave your office. I ask that maybe just one time, you cut your lunch break a little bit short to take time to talk to a student who clearly needed help.
Thank you.
This is very nice article. This is one of the best sites ever.
ReplyDeleteJipmer Pg Admit Card
This is excellent information. This site gives all the details to the relevance topics.
ReplyDeleteTSPSC Group 2 Answer Key
This is very excellent details thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteWBCS Admit card
This is fantastic site that showing this kind of amazing information.
ReplyDeleteMAH MBA CET Admit Card 2017
GATE ME Answer Key 2017
GATE EC Answer Key 2017
GATE Score for PSU Recruitment 2017
KPSC AC and AO Answer Key 2017
Maharashtra PG Medical application form 2017
GATE Cut Off 2017
careinfo.in
carebaba.com
ReplyDeleteGood posting of article on this very nice site.
CMAT Merit List 2017
CMAT Result 2017
Here you can get all the details of JKBOSE 12th Result 2017. The Jammu & Kashmir Board will declare the JKBOSE 12th Result 2017 in the month of May 2017.
ReplyDeleteThis is really wonderful site with great details.
ReplyDeleteOAVS Result 2017
MP Vyapam SOE Answer Key 2017
GPSC Assistant Professor Answer Key 2017
MP Vyapam SOM Answer Key 2017
JEE Main 2017 Answer Key
JEE Main 2017 Answer Key
Nice Information.Thanks for sharing such a nice information.
ReplyDeleteCareinfo.in
Careinfo.in
MBAExam
MedicalExam
SchoolExam
JEE Advanced Result 2017
ReplyDeleteJEE Advanced Cut Off 2017
NEET Cut off Marks 2017
NEET Result 2017
Leaders are losing control
Symptoms of Asthma
Odessa National Medical University of Ukraine
ReplyDeleteNEET Result 2017
Pims Mbbs Bds Admission
JKCET Answer Key
apple laptops coming soon
Best Earphones Of 2017
jee advanced result
Nice Post, Thank you for the useful information. You might be interested
ReplyDeleteRailway Recruitment Notifications