Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Timing is Wrong.

He's too young.

He's too old.

He's too close.

He's too far.

He's not mature enough.

He's too mature for me.

He has three years left.

He's already graduated.

Nothing seems to line up anymore. Remember the days of middle school and high school where you liked a boy, and you didn't have to worry about his life path? Because chances were you were both in the same grade, and you didn't even know what the heck a life path was?

Well college messes that up. Everyone is coming and going. They're learning, they're interning, they're studying abroad, they're graduating. It is extremely odd to find someone who's clock is aligning with yours anymore.

I kind of just accepted that I would have to wait until graduate school to date, but last night I was thinking. The timing will ALWAYS be wrong. The timing will be wrong to find a love, to find a job, to have a kid, to go to grad school. The timing will never be right in our eyes because we can plan and plan and plan but at the end of the day the future is still unknown.

So why don't I just enjoy the ride? Why don't I like the guy that is illogical to like, and just take the risk? We're young, and I just want to have fun. We can figure out the rest later. We can figure out the state, the date, we can figure out the education, the future, we can just figure that all out later but right now let's just focus on us.

Do we like each other? Do we want to get to know each other?

Then that is enough. The rest will all fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik