Everyone remembers their first breakup. And if you haven't had the distinct pleasure of going through a breakup you better praise Jesus, because it the most annoying and saddest thing ever. It doesn't matter if it was unexpected, it doesn't matter if you guys had been arguing for months. It doesn't matter if you met on facebook, and only hungout twice even though you lived 5 minutes away.
That might have been the story of my first breakup.
But anyways, it doesn't matter. Everyone always experiences the same emotions. There's sadness, anger, denial, confusion, hollowness.
But I think the hardest thing about a breakup is re-wiring your thoughts about your future. Every time you imagine yourself 5 years down the line, your significant other is always factored into the equation. So it's hard. You have to keep reminding yourself that it doesn't matter how badly you wanted it to work, that person is just not going to be in your future. And it sucks. The self-correction and re-wiring of thoughts is my least favorite part about a breakup.
I'm not going through a breakup with a person, I'm growing through a breakup with a dream of mine.
I feel exactly the same.
Me mourning a life-long dream isn't the only thing that is making this a weird morning.
There's this older Asian woman at my school who is known for going to closed events on campus, and taking free food. If there is a free food event, she is there. She somehow manages to sneak in, and it's kind of become an accepted thing. No one actually knows if she attends Georgia Southern.
Which is actually kind of sad because now that I think about it why IS she so hungry? Can she not afford food? If so, that's really heartbreaking.
Anyways, there's also a guy who is in my Public Health class who uses a wheelchair. Most people who have wheelchairs at GSU use electric ones, but this guy uses an old fashioned one. Our campus is hilly in some places, so I know he has a hard time traveling. People in my Public Health class kind of get irritated with him though because he's very disruptive in class with rude, irrelevant, or random comments.
I was leaving my house listening to my Spotify playlist named Sad, because you guessed it, I was sad this morning. I see the guy in the wheelchair pretty far ahead of me, struggling in the drizzling rain. I look out of the corner of my eye and see free-food lady running, at lightening speed.
I was confused because she had on plaid pants and clogs. But then I figured that sometimes people wear weird things when they workout because they can't afford tennis shoes. Free-food lady keeps running until she is directly behind Public Health guy, and another person.
I assumed she would run around them since she was trying to get her jog on, and they were in her way.
To my surprise she stops, and pushes Public Health guy down the sidewalk. I mean, she is struggling. Shes a small woman, and like I mentioned she is wearing clogs. And it is drizzling! She pushes him down the sidewalk (which is actually flat) like a mountain herder pushing a goat up the side of Mount Everest.
That analogy wasn't really accurate, but I think it helps you understand.
She pushes Public Health guy for all of 3 minutes, until they cross the intersection. Once they get there, he thanks her, and then he keeps rolling down the sidewalk. She stands there looking like a proud mother who's kid just went off for their first day of pre-school. She watches him for several minutes until he's out of sight. Smiling, and proud of her good deed, she turns around to return to wherever she came from.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment